Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (1844 – 1900) was a German philosopher, cultural critic, poet, philologist.
771. A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy.
772. The future influences the present just as much as the past.
773. I am one thing, my writings are another.
774. It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them.
775. On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.
776. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
777. There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.
778. What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal.
395. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
396. Without music, life would be a mistake.
397. The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
398. Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.
399. We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.
400. Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called ‘Ego'.
401. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
402. It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.
403. Plato was a bore.
137. Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
138. I was in darkness, but I took three steps and found myself in paradise. The first step was a good thought, the second, a good word; and the third, a good deed.
139. There will always be rocks in the road ahead of us. They will be stumbling blocks or stepping stones; it all depends on how you use them.
140. I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
141. To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
142. There are no facts, only interpretations.
143. Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.