Mother Teresa, (1910 – 1997), was an Albanian-Indian Roman Catholic nun and missionary. In 1950 Teresa founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious congregation which had over 4,500 sisters and was active in 133 countries in 2012.
1691. Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
1692. It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.
1693. It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.
1694. We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.
1695. I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.
1696. There should be less talk; a preaching point is not a meeting point. What do you do then? Take a broom and clean someone's house.
1600. We need to find God and HE cannot be found in noise and restlessness, God is the friend of silence, see how nature - trees, flowers, grass-grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.
1601. Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.
1602. Never be so busy as not to think of others.
1603. We must know that we have been created for greater things, not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and to be loved.
1604. A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. She gives most who gives with joy.
1605. Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.
1520. May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in.
1521. Give, but give until it hurts.
1522. When you don't have anything then you have everything.
1523. Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
1524. I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.
1525. Life is a game, play it.
1526. Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.
1527. Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.
1528. Intense love does not measure it just gives.
1529. Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.
1458. I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, ‘how many good things have you done in your life?’ Rather he will ask, ‘how much love did you put into what you did?’
1459. Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.
1460. A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in his love than in your weakness.
1461. In the silence of the heart God speaks. If you face God in prayer and silence, God will speak to you. Then you will know that you are nothing. It is only when you realize your nothingness, your emptiness, that God can fill you with himself sounds of prayer are souls of prayer are souls of great silence.
1410. I think it is very good when people suffer. To me that is like the kiss of Jesus.
1411. If we were humble, nothing would change us - neither praise nor discouragement. If someone were to criticize us, we would not feel discouraged. If someone would praise us, we also would not feel proud.
1412. Holiness does not consist in doing extraordinary things. It consists in accepting, with a smile, what Jesus sends us. It consists in accepting and following the will of God.
1413. Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God himself.
1414. Without a spirit of sacrifice, without a life of prayer, without an intimate attitude of penance, we would not be capable of carrying out our work.
1415. The poor are great! The poor are wonderful! The poor are very generous! They give us much more than what we give them.
1291. There are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things.
1292. Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.
1293. Jesus said love one another. He didn't say love the whole world.
1294. The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family.
1295. The greatest science in the world; in heaven and on earth; is love.
1296. Profound joy of the heart is like a magnet that indicates the path of life.
1297. A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love.
1298. Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.
1231. It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.
1232. Work without love is slavery.
1233. If you can't feed a hundred people, feed just one.
1234. I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.
1235. People are unrealistic, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
1236. The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.
1237. Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.
1238. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; build it anyway.
1200. Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
1201. When you don't have anything, then you have everything.
1202. Give, but give until it hurts.
1203. Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
1204. Prayer in action is love, love in action is service.
1205. I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.
1206. How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers.
1207. Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow, suffering are but the kiss of Jesus - a sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you.
1178. I’m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.
1179. Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.
1180. If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
1181. I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.
1182. We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.
1183. Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
1184. A life not lived for others is not a life.
1135. The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.
1136. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
1137. What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.
1138. God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.
1139. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
1140. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
1141. The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
1142. Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.
1143. Live simply so others may simply live.
1064. I will never understand all the good that a simple smile can accomplish.
1065. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
1066. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
1067. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
1068. Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
1069. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
1070. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.
941. Prayer is the mortar that holds our house together.
942. Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.
943. If we pray, we will believe; If we believe, we will love; If we love, we will serve.
944. Loneliness is the leprosy of the modern world.
945. We learn humility through accepting humiliations cheerfully.
946. The trees, the flowers, the plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move in silence. Silence gives us a new perspective.
947. The fruit of Silence is Prayer; The fruit of Prayer is Faith; The fruit of Faith is Love; The fruit of Love is Service; The fruit of Service is Peace.
948. He who is faultless does not care for the opinion of others.
517. Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary.
518. Smile at each other. Smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other — it doesn’t matter who it is — and that will help to grow up in greater love for each other.
519. Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it.
520. The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between.
171. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
172. Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
173. We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.
174. If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
175. There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use.
176. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.