Marilyn Monroe (1926 – 1962) , as Norma Jeane Mortenson, was an American actress, model and singer.
1299. A man is more frank and sincere with his emotions than a woman. We girls, I’m afraid, have a tendency to hide our feelings.
1300. I don’t consider myself an intellectual. And this is not one of my aims. But I admire intellectual people.
1301. Fame doesn’t fulfill you. It warms you a bit, but that warmth is temporary.
1302. A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.
1303. I don’t mind living in a man’s world, as long as I can be a woman in it.
1304. If I play a stupid girl and ask a stupid question, I’ve got to follow it through, what am I supposed to do, look intelligent?
1305. It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone — so far.
949. Everybody is always tugging at you. They’d all like a sort of chunk out of you. I don’t think they realize it, but it’s like ‘grrr do this, grr do that…’But you do want to stay intact and on two feet.
950. With fame, you know, you can read about yourself, somebody else’s ideas about you, but what’s important is how you feel about yourself – for survival and living day to day with what comes up.
951. I won’t be satisfied until people want to hear me sing without looking at me. Of course, that doesn’t mean I want them to stop looking.
952. I’m a failure as a woman. My men expect so much of me, because of the image they’ve made of me– and that I’ve made of myself– as a sex symbol. They expect bells to ring and whistles to whistle, but my anatomy is the same as any other woman’s and I can’t live up to it.
718. I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that's not easy.
719. ”I am alone; I am always alone no matter what.
720. A woman can’t be alone. She needs a man. A man and a woman support and strengthen each other. She just can’t do it by herself.
721. Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.
722. This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up.
723. I’m one of the world’s most self-conscious people. I really have to struggle.
724. A man is more frank and sincere with his emotions than a woman. We girls, I’m afraid, have a tendency to hide our feelings.
220. Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.
221. I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
222. If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.
223. Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
224. I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
225. Someone said to me, 'If fifty percent of the experts in Hollywood said you had no talent and should give up, what would you do?' My answer was then and still is, 'If a hundred percent told me that, all one hundred percent would be wrong.