Joel Scott Osteen (born 1963) is a televangelist in Houston, Texas. Osteen's televised sermons are seen by over 7 million viewers weekly in over 100 countries.
905. It doesn’t matter who likes you or doesn’t like you, all that matters is that God likes you. He accepts you, he approves of you.
906. In difficult times, we’re not supposed to quit believing; we’re not supposed to quit growing.
907. Why don’t you start believing that no matter what you have or haven’t done, that your best days are still out in front of you.
908. I want to challenge you today to get out of your comfort zone. You have so much incredible potential on the inside. God has put gifts and talents in you that you probably don’t know anything about.”
909. Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.
910. When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.
539. When the negative thoughts come – and they will; they come to all of us – it’s not enough to just not dwell on it… You’ve got to replace it with a positive thought.
540. Too often we get frustrated by difficulties. But you have to realize, you can’t have a harvest without a few weeds.
541. No one can offend you without your permission. They can say whatever they want, but you have the right to ignore it.
542. So many people are looking at what’s wrong, and I try to encourage them to look at what’s right in their life. A lot of people have it a lot worse than you do.
543. If one dream dies, dream another dream. If you get knocked down, get back up and go again.
544. People in tough times – it doesn’t mean they don’t have a great attitude.
463. I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you're grateful, you'll see God open up new doors.
464. You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events.
465. Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you'll get to where God wants you to be.
467. See, when you drive home today, you've got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you've got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what's happened in your past is not near as important as what's in your future.
468. Sometimes we look back and 10 years from now we think, 'Boy, those were great old days.' Well, you know, we're living in the good old days.
469. Don't ever criticize yourself. Don't go around all day long thinking, 'I'm unattractive, I'm slow, I'm not as smart as my brother.' God wasn't having a bad day when he made you….. If you don't love yourself in the right way, you can't love your neighbor. You can't be as good as you are supposed to be.
470. It's easy to get negative because you get beat down. You go through a few disappointments and it's easy to stay in that negative frame of mind. Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is a whole cliche, but your attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life.
480. You can live your life angry, bitter, mad at somebody or even guilty, not letting go of your own mistakes, but you won't receive the good things God has in store.
481. Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear. It may be your arms to encourage. It may be your smile to uplift. Who knows?”