Elon Reeve Musk (born 1971) is a South African-born American business magnate, investor, engineer, and inventor.
758.”There's a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering."
759.”It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don't know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive."
760."People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working."
761."My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart."
762."If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not."
456. Some people don't like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.
457. I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better.
458. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
459. If you're trying to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.
460. If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not.
461. Patience is a virtue, and I'm learning patience. It's a tough lesson.
462. Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.