English / 简体 / 繁體

Edgar Allan Poe (1809 – 1849) was an American writer, editor, and literary critic.
埃德加·爱伦·坡(1809年-1849年),美国作家、诗人、编辑与文学评论家。

1268. I intend to put up with nothing that I can put down.
中文 / Chinese:  我不打算忍受任何我可以放下的事情。
1269. It is a happiness to wonder; -- it is a happiness to dream.
中文 / Chinese:  快乐是想知道;快乐是做梦。
1270. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence.
中文 / Chinese:  人们说我疯;但问题未稳定下来,不管疯癫是或不是崇高的智慧。
1271. To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!
笑著死无异是所有光荣的死亡中最光荣的。
1272. A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it.
中文 / Chinese:  一个短篇故事一定要有单一基调而每一句子都要向著它建造起来。
1273. Art is to look at not to criticize.
中文 / Chinese:  艺术是看的,不是批评的。
1274. The idea of God, infinity, or spirit stands for the possible attempt at an impossible conception.
中文 / Chinese:  那些概念:上帝,无限或灵魂象征著可能尝试在不可能的构想。
1275. When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a Straitjacket.
中文 / Chinese:  当一个疯子似乎全面地正常,实际上,正是时候放他进拘束衣。
1276. I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of beauty.
中文 / Chinese:  我会简短地界定诗集如同节奏性地创造美丽。
369. All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.
中文 / Chinese:  我的朋友,所有宗教不过是从欺骗,恐惧,贪婪,幻想和诗词进化出来。
370. I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
中文 / Chinese:  我但愿我写作可以像猫那般神秘。
371. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
中文 / Chinese:  我们看见的和我们看似的只不过是梦中梦。
372. I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
中文 / Chinese:  我变疯了,经过了长时间可怕的心智健全。
373. The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?”
中文 / Chinese:  生与死的分界又阴暗又迷濛。谁会说一边是终结而另一边是开端。
374. Stupidity is a talent for misconception.
中文 / Chinese:  误解的天资就是愚鈍。
375. Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.
中文 / Chinese:  男人的现实生活是开心的,主要因为他知道不会长久。
376. The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world.
中文 / Chinese:  一位美丽的女人去逝,无可否认地是最浪漫的主题。
377. With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion.
中文 / Chinese:  对我来说,作诗从不是意向,是一种热爱。