English / 简体 / 繁體

Edgar Allan Poe (1809 – 1849) was an American writer, editor, and literary critic.
埃德加·愛倫·坡(1809年-1849年),美國作家、詩人、編輯與文學評論家。

1268. I intend to put up with nothing that I can put down.
中文 / Chinese:  我不打算忍受任何我可以放下的事情。
1269. It is a happiness to wonder; -- it is a happiness to dream.
中文 / Chinese:  快樂是想知道;快樂是做夢。
1270. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence.
中文 / Chinese:  人們說我瘋;但問題未穩定下來,不管瘋癲是或不是崇高的智慧。
1271. To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!
笑著死無異是所有光榮的死亡中最光榮的。
1272. A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it.
中文 / Chinese:  一個短篇故事一定要有單一基調而每一句子都要向著它建造起來。
1273. Art is to look at not to criticize.
中文 / Chinese:  藝術是看的,不是批評的。
1274. The idea of God, infinity, or spirit stands for the possible attempt at an impossible conception.
中文 / Chinese:  那些概念:上帝,無限或靈魂象征著可能嘗試在不可能的構想。
1275. When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a Straitjacket.
中文 / Chinese:  當一個瘋子似乎全面地正常,實際上,正是時候放他進拘束衣。
1276. I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of beauty.
中文 / Chinese:  我會簡短地界定詩集如同節奏性地創造美麗。
369. All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.
中文 / Chinese:  我的朋友,所有宗教不過是從欺騙,恐懼,貪婪,幻想和詩詞進化出來。
370. I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
中文 / Chinese:  我但願我寫作可以像貓那般神秘。
371. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
中文 / Chinese:  我們看見的和我們看似的只不過是夢中夢。
372. I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
中文 / Chinese:  我變瘋了,經過了長時間可怕的心智健全。
373. The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?”
中文 / Chinese:  生與死的分界又陰暗又迷濛。誰會說一邊是終結而另一邊是開端。
374. Stupidity is a talent for misconception.
中文 / Chinese:  誤解的天資就是愚鈍。
375. Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.
中文 / Chinese:  男人的現實生活是開心的,主要因為他知道不會長久。
376. The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world.
中文 / Chinese:  一位美麗的女人去逝,無可否認地是最浪漫的主題。
377. With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion.
中文 / Chinese:  對我來說,作詩從不是意向,是一種熱愛。